- The Long Road to Building a Static Blog with Pelican is a fantastic read that really gets into the details throughout the walkthrough.
- How I built this website, using Pelican walks through getting your first Pelican site generated and running.
- Setting up a blog with Pelican and Amazon S3 lays out the basic steps for installing Pelican, creating your first site and then uploading the generated results to S3. A good next exercise not covered in the post is using CloudFront or CloudFlare as a content delivery network (CDN) to server the static content.
- Creating your own blog with Pelican covers the decision-making process with building a static versus dynamic website. The post then dives into using Pelican as a static site generator with a blog structure and basic theme.
- Using Pelican to generate and manage static websites explains how to use the
pelican-quickstartcommand to generate an initial site then adds the Tipue Search plugin to provide content search despite the static site limitations.
- Pelican’s official Plugin creation documentation gives a great starting point for building your own plugins that can take in new input markup formats, modify the generator process and add handy features such as a custom table of contents.
- Getting started with Pelican and GitHub pages is a tutorial I wrote to use the Full Stack Python source code to create and deploy your first static site.