Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Sass 是流行的预处理器，也被认为是最强大的预处理器。
- LESS 是另一种预处理器，因为Bootstrap Framework 采用LESS，带动LESS快速流行。
- Stylus 被认为是第三大流行的CSS预处理器。
- The Advanced Guide to HTML and CSS book has a well-written chapter on preprocessors.
- Sass vs LESS provides a short answer on which framework to use then a longer more detailed response for those interested in understanding the details.
- How to choose the right CSS preprocessor has a comparison of Sass, LESS and Stylus.
- Musings on CSS preprocessors contains helpful advice ranging from how to work with preprocessors in a team environment to what apps you can use to aid your workflow.
- CSS refresher notes is incredibly helpful if you’ve learned CSS in bits and pieces along the way and you now want to fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
- Mozilla Developer Network’s CSS page contains an extensive set of resources, tutorials and demos for learning CSS.
- CSS Positioning 101 is a detailed guide for learning how to do element positioning correctly with CSS.
- CSS3 cheat sheet
- Learn CSS layout is a simple guide that breaks CSS layout topics into chapters so you can learn each part one at a time.
- Google’s Web Fundamentals class shows how to create responsive designs and performant websites.
- Tailoring CSS for performance is an interesting read since many developers do not consider the implications of CSS complexity in browser rendering time.
- Can I Use… is a compatibility table that shows which versions of browsers implement specific CSS features.
- Create a simple HTML file with basic elements in it. Use the
python -m SimpleHTTPServercommand to serve it up. Create a
<style></style>element within the
<head>section in the HTML markup. Play with CSS within that style element to change the look and feel of the page.
- Check out front end frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation and integrate one of those into the HTML page.
- Work through the framework’s grid system, styling options and customization so you get comfortable with how to use the framework.
- Apply the framework to your web application and tweak the design until you have something that looks much better than generic HTML.