每隔2两Ubuntu会发布一个Long-Term Support (LTS)，提供5年的升级支持，非LTS只提供2年的升级支持。但是，LTS的问题是，你只能通过官方的仓库升级安全包must only use packages from the main repository，除非你打算自己手动升级安全包。
- Get your Python development environment set up with one of these quick tutorials for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- There are also walkthroughs for configuring relational databases and Redis on Ubuntu:
- Canonical, the organization that produces Ubuntu, typically pushes the boundaries on non-LTS releases, but occasionally rocks the boat with major changes for an LTS release. 16.04 LTS was one such version, which is described in this article about how Ubuntu 16.04 proves even an LTS release can live at Linux’s bleeding edge.
- Ubuntu has been a target operating system for Docker since the beginning of the project. Here’s a guide for how to install Docker on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, one of the older operating system releases that supports containers.
- My First 10 Minutes On a Server – Primer for Securing Ubuntu is based off an earlier post of the first five minutes on a Linux server. This one is specific to Ubuntu Linux and goes into user accounts, sudo privileges, SSH keys, security updates and 2-factor authentication.
- What I learned while securing Ubuntu explains how difficult it can be just to find correct information on how to secure an operating system. In this case, the author goes over how he went about securing package management, security standards and file integrity on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.