Redis Queue (RQ)
RQ is an implementation of the task queue concept. Learn more in the web development chapter or view the table of contents for all topics.
- The RQ intro post contains information on design decisions and how to use RQ in your projects.
- International Space Station notifications with Python and Redis Queue (RQ) shows how to combine the RQ task queue library with Flask to send text message notifications every time a condition is met – in this blog post’s case that the ISS is currently flying over your location on Earth.
- Flask by Example – Implementing a Redis Task Queue explains how to install and use RQ in a Flask application.
- Task Queues and Python RQ provides a good explanation for how to use RQ in a Django project.
- rq-dashboard is an awesome Flask-based dashboard for viewing queues, workers and other critical information when using RQ.